Some time ago, I saw down with the other two horsemen and we hatched a plan to have a week full of incredible IRC tuition sessions that show how to get involved in Ubuntu as a developer with packaging. Well, this resulted in the incredible wickedness that shall be known to all humanity as Ubuntu Developer Week and it happens from the 18th – 22nd Feb.
All of the events happen on IRC, so get connected and suck up the following sessions, each led by a range of community experts:
- Packaging 101 <—– a great place to get started with packaging
- Patching Packages
- Launchpad PPAs
- MOTU School
- Introduction To The Server Team
- MOTU Processes
- Ubuntu Derivatives Team
- Debdiffs And How To Get Them Submitted
- Hosting Code With Launchpad
- First Steps On Contributing
- Desktop Packaging Session
- SRU/Security Updates
- Firefox 3 Extension Packaging
- Writing Scripts For Automated Desktop Testing
- Bughelper – Making Bug Work Easier
- Bug Triage
- MOTU Q&A Session
- Library Packaging
Bring on the love – I hope to see you all there. Remember, if you want to get involved with packaging – head over and read the Getting Started page – this is a great time to get involved with this week of sessions.
Spread the word, blog it and Digg it! Look forward to seeing you all there!