Pointed to me by Aq – what happens when the legendary Van Halen play the multi-million selling Jump live while the backing tape with the famous synth from the song is played back at slightly the wrong pitch? Well, you get a combination of the following:
- The whole band sound ropier than a snake-charming convention. Fail.
- Eddie Van Halen desperately tries to transpose the music on-the-fly to make it sound good. Fail.
- Its virtually impossible to transpose it as it is 1.5 frets out. Fail.
- Thousands of people look on. In dismay. Fail.
- To compound the situation, a giant inflatable microphone is humped, on-stage. Epic Fail.
*Can’t see it? Click here.
Oof, I feel for them…