Recently we announced to epic Ubuntu Global Jam that is set to go down from 2nd – 4th Oct 2009. In this event hundreds of Ubuntu fans and contributors get together in their local area to work on Ubuntu, get to know each other and just have a big ‘ol barrel of fun. With the scheme recently announced we are still building up the list of events and are looking for you wonderful people to start organizing events. Sound interesting but don’t know how?
Well, I have good news.
We have organized a number of tuition sessions and events that will help you get started organizing a rocking Ubuntu Global Jam event. Here’ the skinny:
- Live Video Tutorial – Mon 29th June @ 6pm UTC – I will be hosting a live video tutorial with a live Q+A. You can watch it here.
- IRC Tuition – Jorge Castro will be running some IRC tuition sessions on these dates:
- June 27 – 1500UTC – #ubuntu-classroom
- Sept 4 – 2100UTC – #ubuntu-classroom
- Sept 18 – 1500UTC – #ubuntu-classroom
So there you have it, a good solid toolkit for how to get started. Go learn, organize and have a great time. If you need further help, be sure to ask the rather nice folks in
#ubuntu-locoteams on Freenode. 🙂
UPDATE: I have needed to re-schedule the video tutorial until Monday 29th June 2009 at the same time (6pm UTC).