Ever since we announced the Ubuntu Edge campaign, we have seen a remarkable amount of interest in the campaign. Here are some highlights:
- Techcrunch, BBC
- Jane Silber, Canonical CEO on CNBC
- Mark Shuttleworth, Ubuntu Founder, doing a Reddit AMA
- The Telegraph
I also strongly recommend you see Marques Brownlee’s video overview of Ubuntu Edge, which provides a fantastic overview of the campaign:
Can’t see it? See it here!
Heading Towards History
The highest amount of money raised in crowd-sourcing history is around $10million and as I write this we are currently at $6.6million.
We have already set records for the fastest ever $2million raised and the highest amount of money ever raised on Indigogo, so let’s smash through the $10million figure and bring Ubuntu forward into crowd-funding history. This campaign is not just about funding the beautiful, powerful, converged Ubuntu Edge and having your phone and desktop in your pocket, but also demonstrating how truly disruptive crowd-funding can be.
Be sure to go and pledge!
The Ubuntu Edge Referral Contest
So many of you have been busy spreading the word (helping us to smash through the $6 million mark already) that to keep that momentum going, we want to give you a special incentive.
Whether you’ve contributed $20 or $2,000, you all have the chance to win something extra special: a personalised Ubuntu Edge phone engraved with your name.
Of course, for this prize to exist the campaign has to hit its target, so be sure to spread the word using every possible medium you have access to. Our goal is to make history, and every one of you can help us write that history and get a historical special-edition customized Ubuntu Edge in the process.
How To Enter
- Make sure you’re logged in to Indiegogo.
- Get your unique Share This Campaign link from the Ubuntu Edge page (just below the video), and share it via social media, email or any other method you can think of. Click the Embed and Email buttons for simple instructions to add an Ubuntu Edge widget to your website or email signature.
- Every time someone clicks your link or widget and then contributes money to the campaign, you’ve made a successful referral.
You have one week. The person who drives the most money in referral contributions between now and 4.00pm BST on Friday 2 August will win this great prize. (Prize is conditional on the Ubuntu Edge being fully funded.)
Every extra backer takes us closer to our goal, and by taking part you’ll be playing a vital role in getting the Ubuntu Edge made.