Ubuntu Governance: Reboot?

For many years Ubuntu has had a comprehensive governance structure. At the top of the tree are the Community Council (community policy) and the Technical Board (technical policy). Below those boards are sub-councils such as the IRC, Forum, and LoCo councils, and...

Dealing With Disrespect: The Video

A while back I wrote and released a free e-book called Dealing With Disrespect. It is a book that provides a short, simple to read, free guide for handling personalized, mean-spirited, disrespectful, and in some cases, malicious feedback and criticism of your work. I...

New Facebook Page

As many of you will know, I am really passionate about growing strong and inspirational communities. I want all communities to benefit from well organized, structured, and empowerinfg community leadership. This is why I wrote The Art of Community and Dealing With...

Community Leadership Summit and OSCON Plans

As many of you will know, I organize an event every year called the Community Leadership Summit. The event brings together community leaders, organizers and managers and the projects and organizations that are interested in growing and empowering a strong community....