The Community Leadership Summit and Think Tank

As some of you will know, I founded the Community Leadership Summit that takes place in Portland, Oregon every year. The event brings together community leaders, organizers and managers and the projects and organizations that are interested in growing and empowering a...

On Planet Ubuntu

Recently Randall did some research into what people want to see on Planet Ubuntu. This has been followed up by Stuart with a set of concerns. I agree with both of them. I think the gist of Randall’s view is that he would like to encourage more fun, interesting,...

On Accountability

Every so often I see a scenario play out that I find rather disappointing. It works like this: someone posts a topic to their blog that is critical or controversial. This person can either be a community member, commentator, employee or otherwise; it doesn’t...

Community Leadership Summit 2014 Announced!

I am delighted to announce the Community Leadership Summit 2014, now in it’s sixth year! This year it takes place on the 18th and 19th July 2014, the weekend before OSCON at the Oregon Convention Center. Thanks again to O’Reilly for providing the venue....

Ask Me Anything on Monday

On Monday 13th Jan starting at 6pm UTC (10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern) I will be doing an AMA on Reddit. For those unfamiliar with this – this is where you can ask me anything on Reddit, and the most popular questions and responses are up/down voted. The post will...

Partners, Community, and Success

Recently the Ubuntu newswires have been buzzing with the news that we have won our first smartphone partner. Now, let’s get the elephant in the room out of the way – I am not telling you who it is. It is not my place here to share confidential details...