Build the very best developer workflow and relations into your organization and community.
Developer Workflow and Relations
At the heart of building an effective developer community, either inside or outside an organization are two things – great workflow and great developer relations. Doing this right makes a huge difference in engagement, participation, output, and overall developer satisfaction.
I have spent my entire career working with organizations and communities to build productive yet simple workflow and thoughtful and engaging developer relations. This is complex work: it involves identifying different developer roles, pulling together infrastructure, weaving in slim but effective process, methodologies, and engagement, and putting a full developer relations strategy behind it all.
Areas of Focus
Here are some examples areas in which we can focus to get your developer workflow and relations as efficient and effective as possible.
Code Submission and Review
Bug/Issue Tracking and Management
Community Channels and Conduct
Documentation, Knowledge, and Support
Translations and Localization
Developer Relations and Outreach
Outreach and Developer Growth
Tracking Growth and Success
Social Media, Video, Blogging, and Podcasting
Reputation, Gamification, and Incentive Structures
Standards, Conventions, and Processes
Events, Hackathons, and More
Build The Best
My ExperienceWhy I can help
- Extensive experience building developer workflow with Ubuntu, GitHub, and various open source projects.
- Extensive consultancy experience building developer workflow/relations with clients such as Intel, ON.LAB, AlienVault, Sony Mobile, Deutsche Bank, and others.
- Diverse range of technology knowledge and background.
- 14+ years of experience in open source, both as a community leader and developer.
BenefitsHow this will help your organization
- Effective workflow makes it easier for new developers to join your organization/project and be productive.
- Deploy infrastructure with a longer life-cycle and integrate it better with the rest of your organization/community.
- Reduce the costs of staffing and infrastructure.
- Deliver better results, greater developer growth, and more code.
- I will always act in the best interests of your organization and your goals.
- I will always provide you with thoughtful, focused, and competent service.
- I will always provide frank, honest, and respectful feedback, even if sometimes difficult to hear.
- I will always seek feedback, both good and bad, so I can be the best I can be.
If you would like to talk more about building productive developer workflow, or anything else I can help with, simply fill in the form over there and I will be in touch. Alternatively, call me on +1 415-658-1738 or email me at email@example.com